One of my main goals for the summer has been to reflect. I am trying to be more purposeful in thought and more appreciative of where I am at this moment. Over the last week, there have been some amazing posts that have reminded me that it's okay to admit we are human. It's okay to admit when we're nervous, anxious, sad or wondering if we measure up. It's okay to admit that life is messy. It's okay to admit that we don't always have it altogether. Few do, in fact.
I've written before about the power of a PLN and find again, that much of what I wrote in that piece still rings true. I gain such hope in myself, in others, and our work, through my connections.
Here are some of the posts that have helped me most recently:
Let's Stop Faking It by Joe Mazza : My biggest take away for this piece is the affirmation that seeking help (whatever that might look like, formal or informal) is always good. The more we talk about mental health or even just how we are feeling, the more we help each other and/or the ones we love. The more we help each other, the more we make it less of a bad thing, a curse, a mask, or someone’s fault.
Wish That I Could Be Like the Cool Kids by Peter DeWitt : One of the dangers of being a connected educator is the constant influx of images and (missed) opportunities. It can, if you let it, make you feel like you don't measure up. There is amazing advice for adults and our work with students within this piece. Simply put, push through the struggle (and help our students do the same) knowing it will likely always be worth it.
And then this image from Jon Harper:
As my connected journey has evolved, I've realized that some of the most significant growth I can allow myself to benefit from is in the power of reflection. I've learned that the moments of nervousness, anxiousness, sadness and wonder are almost always followed by bigger and brighter moments of anticipation, celebration, happiness and affirmation. Almost always...
I've written before about the power of a PLN and find again, that much of what I wrote in that piece still rings true. I gain such hope in myself, in others, and our work, through my connections.
Here are some of the posts that have helped me most recently:
Let's Stop Faking It by Joe Mazza : My biggest take away for this piece is the affirmation that seeking help (whatever that might look like, formal or informal) is always good. The more we talk about mental health or even just how we are feeling, the more we help each other and/or the ones we love. The more we help each other, the more we make it less of a bad thing, a curse, a mask, or someone’s fault.
Wish That I Could Be Like the Cool Kids by Peter DeWitt : One of the dangers of being a connected educator is the constant influx of images and (missed) opportunities. It can, if you let it, make you feel like you don't measure up. There is amazing advice for adults and our work with students within this piece. Simply put, push through the struggle (and help our students do the same) knowing it will likely always be worth it.
And then this image from Jon Harper:
Don't be so hard on yourself. pic.twitter.com/es1ILSOdMQ
— Jon Harper (@Jonharper70bd) July 12, 2015
As my connected journey has evolved, I've realized that some of the most significant growth I can allow myself to benefit from is in the power of reflection. I've learned that the moments of nervousness, anxiousness, sadness and wonder are almost always followed by bigger and brighter moments of anticipation, celebration, happiness and affirmation. Almost always...
Takes a Little Time, Amy Grant
"It takes a little time sometimes
To get your feet back on the ground
It takes a little time sometimes
To get the Titanic turned back around
It takes a little time sometimes
But baby you're not going down
It takes more than you've got right now
Give it give it time..."
Comments
Post a Comment