I've written and tweeted before about how much my PLN has impacted me. I'm taking some time again today to revisit the topic. And yes, there will be gushing.
Last month, Tony Sinanis tweeted:
I field a lot of twitter jokes in my district. They get old quickly but they don't deter me from nurturing the connections I have made through twitter. Leaders who are not connected just simply do not understand the power of becoming connected.
No, I am not friends with everyone I follow on twitter. And yes, I've been accused of stalking (just) one of my #eduheroes.(I had an accomplice, Christina Luce.)
(Although, there was that other time at the @NYSMSA conference, right Tim Dawkins?)
I can not imagine being a leader without the support systems twitter and voxer have provided me.
Through these connections, I have created two teams. The outer team consists of the people I follow on twitter. Their ideas and tweets give me inspiration. The inner team consists of people I am honored to call friends. We lift each other up when needed and celebrate successes when we can. I am surrounded by those I would consider rockstars (#EdcampUNY group and #MiddleLeaders included) and humbled each and every time we connect.
The outer layer gives me inspiration and ideas.
The inner layer gives me hope on top of everything else that is gained.
Who doesn't need that?
Last month, Tony Sinanis tweeted:
"My PLN has two rings- inner & outer. I learn from both but the inner ring gives me fuel & keeps me in a positive mindset!" WOW! #edchat
— Tony Sinanis (@TonySinanis) January 11, 2015
I am pretty sure the tweet was from a conversation I had with Tony earlier this year. If not, it was similar to a statement I've made.I field a lot of twitter jokes in my district. They get old quickly but they don't deter me from nurturing the connections I have made through twitter. Leaders who are not connected just simply do not understand the power of becoming connected.
No, I am not friends with everyone I follow on twitter. And yes, I've been accused of stalking (just) one of my #eduheroes.(I had an accomplice, Christina Luce.)
(Although, there was that other time at the @NYSMSA conference, right Tim Dawkins?)
I can not imagine being a leader without the support systems twitter and voxer have provided me.
Through these connections, I have created two teams. The outer team consists of the people I follow on twitter. Their ideas and tweets give me inspiration. The inner team consists of people I am honored to call friends. We lift each other up when needed and celebrate successes when we can. I am surrounded by those I would consider rockstars (#EdcampUNY group and #MiddleLeaders included) and humbled each and every time we connect.
The outer layer gives me inspiration and ideas.
The inner layer gives me hope on top of everything else that is gained.
Who doesn't need that?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2a/b3/c1/2ab3c146ec9d0fdedd2f5538e072d65a.jpg

Comments
Post a Comment