I've written about the power of a PLN before so this post may seem repetitive. A pile of paperwork sits before me and I can't move through it until I get some of these thoughts on "paper". This post is more about me clearing my mind so I can focus. It's about taking time to listen to what my heart is trying to remind me.
I really appreciated the post written by Theresa Stager today. It spoke openly about leaning on each other and admitting when we are not at our best. I began my weekend thinking along those very same lines. I didn't finish half of the work I had planned to do. However, my mind seems to be clearing and I am hopeful I will catch up on most of it tonight.
As I begin sorting the piles and rewriting to-do lists (really weird ritual of mine...), I am thankful for the support members of my PLN have given me today. All of this support would NEVER have been available to me today --- this weekend, this month, right when I need it -- without my entry into the world of connected leadership and twitter!
The opportunities far outweigh the risks. I was the benefactor of so much support from my PLN including:
Not sure how I fell into such an amazing PLN. But here's one thing I know for sure, these people inspire me, stretch my thinking, make me laugh, and help keep me focused on being the best I can be. I could not be more thankful to know so many amazing educators.
There is, indeed, strength in numbers and beauty in our dreams and ideas.
I really appreciated the post written by Theresa Stager today. It spoke openly about leaning on each other and admitting when we are not at our best. I began my weekend thinking along those very same lines. I didn't finish half of the work I had planned to do. However, my mind seems to be clearing and I am hopeful I will catch up on most of it tonight.
As I begin sorting the piles and rewriting to-do lists (really weird ritual of mine...), I am thankful for the support members of my PLN have given me today. All of this support would NEVER have been available to me today --- this weekend, this month, right when I need it -- without my entry into the world of connected leadership and twitter!
The opportunities far outweigh the risks. I was the benefactor of so much support from my PLN including:
- Voxer check-ins with our MS Principal Voxer group
- 1:1 Voxer conversation with one of my favorite bloggers
- GHO with Jasper Fox and some members of my MS Team
- Effective Feedback session in our district with Peter DeWitt
Not sure how I fell into such an amazing PLN. But here's one thing I know for sure, these people inspire me, stretch my thinking, make me laugh, and help keep me focused on being the best I can be. I could not be more thankful to know so many amazing educators.
There is, indeed, strength in numbers and beauty in our dreams and ideas.
"You got a dream? You gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves they
want to tell you you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."
Comments
Post a Comment