Thankfully, I am inspired on a daily basis by members of my PLN. I've spent some time on and off this weekend catching up on new year's resolutions set by many of them as well as #oneword declarations. Last year, I wrote about my one word and it was COURAGE.
Wow, did I embrace that word or what this past year? I'd say leaving a district you've been a part of for over 10 years to jump into a brand new one is a testament of courage!
For this year, my word is a bit more cryptic. I've chosen BALANCE.
I need to find balance in my role in this incredible, new district. I want to be more deliberate about honoring what has been done well while helping to move forward in other areas. I want to positively contribute to supporting teachers, principals and most of all, students in our district.
I need to find balance as a Mom. It's hit me pretty hard that time has indeed been flying by all of these years. I'm having a hard time figuring out when it is okay to push and when it is okay to let go. I've gotten too stuck on a bad grade here and there and have realized, over this break, that in the end that one grade won't make much of a difference in his life. (I've since apologized to him for that.)
I need to find balance personally. Due to the twists and turns that life brings, I've lost time for some of the things that mean most to me, including some incredible friends. I resolve to find more opportunities to spend time with friends and family in the new year and more opportunities doing things I enjoy.
I hope to use the word BALANCE to set a theme for me personally and professionally in this New Year. If you had to pick one word for yourself, what would your word be?
The Riddle - Five For Fighting

We can all use more balance, Lisa! :-) By intentionally focusing on the word and making it a verb, I know that you will find the tipping point and stay just before it. Wishing you all the best in the new year!
ReplyDeleteJennifer