What is it about some days that absolutely knock us down? When life hands me a particularly difficult day, I remind myself it's a reality check. Tough days happen so we are able to appreciate the good days more. How would we know what an awesome day felt like in the absence of a not so awesome day? In our work, we make mistakes. Sometimes, we make a lot of them.
In thinking about recent conversations, I've realized that one of the most common mistakes I've seen or even been a part of is the pressure to always do better, be better, do more, and become more. But what is better? What does more really mean? Why does that even matter?
I've decided there are secrets to life in these struggles.
Reminders of sorts...
- Appreciate the people in your world.
- Appreciate where you are today even if it's a bad weather day.
- Mistakes are meant to teach you a lesson. Accept the instruction.
- No one person is or can be perfect. Practice forgiveness in generous amounts. We all need some sometimes.
- Stop. Breathe. Reflect. Look for goodness. It's there. It might be hiding behind that temporary black cloud. But, clouds eventually move.
- Celebrate how far you've come. Don't lose sight of today for the sake of tomorrow.

Comments
Post a Comment