In some ways, I must be incredibly annoying to work with. I think too much about our work. I tend to celebrate even the smallest success. I can talk on and on about the staff I work with as if I'm their Great Aunt and I've cornered you at a family picnic. "Wait...I have pictures on my phone I can show you. Let me tell you about so and so..."
I get inspired by the adults, students and families I work with and for.
When visitors come to our school, I'll often hear..."You have it so good here. Where did THIS come from?"
I think about what builds a culture and what maintains a culture and do believe a part of it is fueled by the team that keeps investing in it. Do I have 100% buy in on all things at all times? Nope. I'm an optimist but I do live in real life. I've never had 100%. But, I haven't needed it either.
I am particularly aware of the team mates that keep coming to the table all suited up to dig in and give their best. Know how teachers can become proud and protective of their students? I feel the same way about my teachers...every single one of them.
I get inspired by the adults, students and families I work with and for.
When visitors come to our school, I'll often hear..."You have it so good here. Where did THIS come from?"
I think about what builds a culture and what maintains a culture and do believe a part of it is fueled by the team that keeps investing in it. Do I have 100% buy in on all things at all times? Nope. I'm an optimist but I do live in real life. I've never had 100%. But, I haven't needed it either.
I am particularly aware of the team mates that keep coming to the table all suited up to dig in and give their best. Know how teachers can become proud and protective of their students? I feel the same way about my teachers...every single one of them.
"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it, keep looking. Don't settle."
-- Steve Jobs
I enjoyed reading this post as it serves as yet another reminder of how lucky I am to work where I do and with such wonderful people. We are really like a family. We work hard each and every day because we want to and we are always looking out for eachother. Having a good school community is fostered from the inside out. Strong and dedicated leadership is part of the key to our success. The fact that we like each other too, is just an added bonus.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Katie...especially on your grade level! A family for sure. Thank you for taking time to read and comment.
DeleteLove this, Lisa! You, like me, are a pleaser and a thinker. So grateful to be a part of your network of professionals!
ReplyDeleteCraig