I've enjoyed the flurry of ISTE reflections that have been posted these past few days. I've tried my own reflection a number of times and can't seem to produce anything logical for the screen. When I think about the opportunity this event afforded me, I am grateful. The gratitude extends beyond the actual attendance and learning that took place. I am grateful for people. I am grateful for amazing ideas. I am grateful for the chance to "play" for 3 days. I am grateful for the connections. I am grateful for PLN members that make room for me and make me feel heard.
Likely the biggest ISTE take away for me has little to do with technology but all to do with voice. In learning about different tools and applications and in listening to different conversations, it occurred to me that an area of focus for my own practice needs to be on developing voice.
Voice of students (Thank you Pernille Ripp)
Voice of parents (Thank you Ken Shelton)
Voice of teachers (Thank you Rafranz Davis)
Voice of my own son (Thank you Jack Gallagher)
Voice of....myself (Thank you Tony Sinanis)
It's not about the technology.
It's about what we do with it.
It's about honoring and including the voice of others.
Thank you #ISTE15 and my PLN for these important reminders.
Likely the biggest ISTE take away for me has little to do with technology but all to do with voice. In learning about different tools and applications and in listening to different conversations, it occurred to me that an area of focus for my own practice needs to be on developing voice.
Voice of students (Thank you Pernille Ripp)
Voice of parents (Thank you Ken Shelton)
Voice of teachers (Thank you Rafranz Davis)
Voice of my own son (Thank you Jack Gallagher)
Voice of....myself (Thank you Tony Sinanis)
It's not about the technology.
It's about what we do with it.
It's about honoring and including the voice of others.
Thank you #ISTE15 and my PLN for these important reminders.

I love this post Lisa because your voice is a powerful and important one that we are lucky you share with the world. Your kindness, compassion, selflessness and positivity have my world a better place. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteYour friendship and support is a gift. So honored to know you.
Delete