June is always a mad rush to get so many things done. No matter what I tell myself about pacing, working with the big rocks first, etc., it always feels manic. It's as if I am living in a real life Frogger game (few may remember what that game is) and I'm working my way between the cars to get to the other side of the road before I'm trampled on and run over.
June has so many required compliance items that it becomes difficult to balance those with items that are much more important: face to face time, giving feedback, deep reflection, celebration, expressing gratitude and more.
I took some time today with my Superintendent to have a conversation with an amazing teacher. The meeting had nothing to do with paperwork, end of year checklists, or a teacher's contract. It had everything to do with making sure this incredible teacher knew what we both thought of him.
It was in the conversation that I was clearly reminded why we really do what we do. I hope I don't ever forget what's most important ( the people!) while I continue to navigate my way between the deadlines and compliance tasks zooming all around me.
It's not easy but surely it's what counts most.
Always is, always was and always will be.
June has so many required compliance items that it becomes difficult to balance those with items that are much more important: face to face time, giving feedback, deep reflection, celebration, expressing gratitude and more.
I took some time today with my Superintendent to have a conversation with an amazing teacher. The meeting had nothing to do with paperwork, end of year checklists, or a teacher's contract. It had everything to do with making sure this incredible teacher knew what we both thought of him.
It was in the conversation that I was clearly reminded why we really do what we do. I hope I don't ever forget what's most important ( the people!) while I continue to navigate my way between the deadlines and compliance tasks zooming all around me.
It's not easy but surely it's what counts most.
Always is, always was and always will be.
Comments
Post a Comment