Recently, I shared a post about needing to focus on courage in the new year. In just a matter of days, it has become my second most popular post since beginning a blog. Writing a blog isn't about the number of reads, necessarily. However, there is something affirming and even comforting at times in knowing that others have read a piece you have written and have connected with it on some level. Even if they disagree, there's been a connection of sorts.
Over this last year, I realize that blogging has given me more courage to find and share my voice than I had before. Sure, I've never really been the shy, quiet type in person. But, I don't believe I've really ever been as confident in my decisions or ideas than I am now. That doesn't mean all of them are right. It just means I've chosen to believe in them...hook, line, sink or swim. There are lessons to be learned in all of the decisions we make -- good or bad.
I believe my wings were borne from my connections with such amazing educators over the last year. One of my most favorite connections recently shared with me that our journeys in leadership need not ever be about ego but should only be about the work.
At the end of the day, that's what this is truly about. Here's to 2015 and all the possibilities it will bring. Choose motivation, inspiration and lifting each other up -- post by post.
When you model courage, you facilitate courage in others. YOU have absolutely done this for many of us!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog.
I love the graphic! May 2015 be a positive year of building each other up!!
So sorry to miss this comment. I really appreciate it and you. Let's go 2015!
DeleteIt does take courage to step out there, make your ideas known on a broader scale (Twitter, blogs), and make new connections. I've also grown a lot from about 7 months as a new blogger, not only from posting my own thoughts but reading new ones from others!
ReplyDeleteIt's so worth it, in the end. So glad we have connected. Keep posting!
Delete