Most mornings, I try to participate in #BFC530. It helps to positively set my mind. One of the tweets I caught in the stream this morning was:
The last phrase -- "Change your narrative!" stuck with me all day. It reminded me of a message I had sent my staff this week (as part of my weekly Monday Matters). In part, I wrote:
@ThatMathLady Think outside your MS-T box. What makes you creative in one can help in the other. Change your narrative! #BFC530
— Maine Endwell AP Gov (@APGovME) November 3, 2014
The last phrase -- "Change your narrative!" stuck with me all day. It reminded me of a message I had sent my staff this week (as part of my weekly Monday Matters). In part, I wrote:
When we make time for the face to face conversations, I think we learn more about each other and our building. I've realized, through some honest feedback, that there are still many areas of my own leadership that need improvement. When I consider what those are, they all seem to connect to more communication and more transparency. I suspect my perception of my role in this building is quite similar to your perception of your role in this building. You help kids. I help teachers help kids. There is no secret agenda. For whatever reason, administrators (all over) are still seen by some as being from the dark side....Sometimes trust can feel like this. While that is no one’s intention, it happens. It’s how we pick ourselves back up and come back together that matters most. All this talk about trust reminds me about the power of mindset.
Shortly after finishing the #BFC530 chat, I stumbled across this quote on Facebook:
"The questions you ask consistently will create either enervation or enjoyment, indignation or inspiration, misery or magic. Ask the questions that will uplift your spirit and push you along the path of human excellence" -- Tony Robbins
Throughout the day, I kept coming back to both ideas. There really is power in changing our mindset. The narrative in our head should be one full of hope and promise. We deserve nothing less of ourselves and each other.
We teach our students to believe in themselves. We could learn a lesson or two from that same message.
Comments
Post a Comment