A few weeks ago, Scott Capro tweeted something about the twitterverse needing an early morning chat. Moments later, he connected with Ashley Hurley and "The Breakfast Club", #BFC530, was born. I've been helping out where I can as the chat has built up momentum.
Yes, we chat at 5:30 IN THE MORNING, every weekday morning. But, the more I participate and connect with so many amazing people in this chat, the more I am compelled to keep on participating.
Isn't that the most amazing thing about other educators you meet on twitter?
What do they say about surrounding yourself with like minded people?
Yes, we chat at 5:30 IN THE MORNING, every weekday morning. But, the more I participate and connect with so many amazing people in this chat, the more I am compelled to keep on participating.
Isn't that the most amazing thing about other educators you meet on twitter?
What do they say about surrounding yourself with like minded people?
I've enjoyed talking with both of the moderators, Scott and Ashley, via voxer. Scott is the heart behind this work. He is all heart, no ego. Working with both of them has been a privilege and has given me a real admiration for what this chat is trying to accomplish.
It's about a positive mindset.
It's about giving many a voice.
It's about building each other up, not tearing each other down.
One of my friends, Tim Dawkins, recently wrote about the experience and helped to create a phrase that I think illustrates what we are trying to do in the chat : be the first domino. BE the one that starts the good. Good creates good. What you put out in the universe comes back to you, right?
There's enough negative in the world of schools to tear us down. Much of it, we can't control. What I can control, is the way I start my day and what kinds of thoughts I let take up space in my head.
In addition to new thoughts and ideas, the chat is compiling a list of songs that promote a positive spirit. Check this channel out! You will undoubtedly find "your song". One of the songs, that I find myself listening to more and more, is this one:
"You were born into a strange world.
Like a candle, you were meant to share the fire..."
If you're interested in learning more about #BFC530, you can check out the Google + community. Once you've done that, meet us at 5:30 am, Monday - Friday at #BFC530.
This is a great idea! What time zone is this chat in?
ReplyDeleteEastern Time Zone...although we hear there may be a Pacific Time one launching...Thanks for taking time to read and comment.
DeleteI read the tweets from BFC530 but it's an hour ahead of me so I have not yet caught you live. I think it is a great idea and a wonderful gathering! Im going to join you soon!
ReplyDelete