Surveys are a very useful tool in gathering feedback from stakeholders. Last week, an electronic survey was sent to my staff to gather thoughts about our PBIS program. Today, a paper and pencil survey will be given to all of our students to gather even more thoughts about PBIS and their general feedback about our school.
I've been watching the electronic survey comments compile over the last week. Most of it is good, helpful information. Some of it is critical in nature but criticism, when well placed, can help us improve.
I always include the option of open ended comments in surveys. Some of us have more to say than agree or disagree. As I was compiling the results this morning, one comment bothered me. In a way, that's a bad thing. The comment really rubs against my own philosophy as a leader and educator. In another way, it's a good thing. It lets me know where I still have work to do -- very important work.
I am looking forward to hearing from our students today. I suspect their comments will be just as helpful, if not more. Because, in the end, if their impressions of our building do not match the adult impressions of our building, we have a lot more work to do that any of us ever thought.
I've been watching the electronic survey comments compile over the last week. Most of it is good, helpful information. Some of it is critical in nature but criticism, when well placed, can help us improve.
I always include the option of open ended comments in surveys. Some of us have more to say than agree or disagree. As I was compiling the results this morning, one comment bothered me. In a way, that's a bad thing. The comment really rubs against my own philosophy as a leader and educator. In another way, it's a good thing. It lets me know where I still have work to do -- very important work.
I am looking forward to hearing from our students today. I suspect their comments will be just as helpful, if not more. Because, in the end, if their impressions of our building do not match the adult impressions of our building, we have a lot more work to do that any of us ever thought.
Comments
Post a Comment