Today marked the last day of school for our students. Most of them looked incredibly happy to be officially entering the summer season. We held moving up day and said our goodbyes at dismissal. After the students departed, you were busy in rooms cleaning up, packing up, and finishing up end of the year grades. There's always so much to do these last few days.
Yet, some of our most important work will be after tomorrow. After our last day together as a full faculty, you will depart for summer. Summer has different options for everyone but always includes a chance to reflect and recharge.
As I begin to reflect on this year, I am still grateful for the school community of which I am a part of. My team puts up with a lot from me during the year. I make mistakes and somehow you find a way to support me through them. You've never held me to the "you must be perfect" standard. You've let me be me, faults, flaws, strengths and all.
As I look forward to the summer and a chance to recharge, I am aware of areas both building wide and personally that I must prioritize and continue to improve upon. We are all works in progress and I have never been an exception to that. I always feel I could be doing more. Yet, I know that our most important work is that which is done collectively. Together, we are always better.
When the end of tomorrow arrives, I am hopeful that you will exit our doors knowing you gave your very best this year. Take the time to reflect and recharge. Before we know it, we'll be back together to meet our newest challenges and celebrate our newest successes ...still yet to be known.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLisa, I loved your blog. (as I always do) Thanks for your thoughtfulness and for always inspiring us to do and be our best. As far as your feeling that you could be doing more? I can't imagine what more you could be doing - you do it all for your staff and your students. I have been blessed to work with you and for you. I will never forget my time with you at CMS.
ReplyDeleteTerry, I hope you never forget how much you have meant to me and how much you have impacted my practice. To say I will miss you doesn't even begin to cover it.
Delete