I am one member of #compelledtribe and our assignment this month is to write about parent-teacher conferences. Ours begin at the end of this week so the timing of this assignment, for me, is well played.
As I went about all the things I needed to get done today (as Mom), I thought about this assignment. I've been thinking about parent-teacher conferences from different vantage points and realize the messages we hope to hear are the same.
Whether I am the mom, a teacher, the principal or a student, the following messages still apply.
I believe in you.
We need each other.
You matter.
I know in our school, we wish we had more time allotted to see all of our parents. Unfortunately, we don't. This is why it is even more important to maintain dialogues with parents all year long and not just at Open House or parent-teacher conference time. For every parent we meet this week and next, I hope we are clear on our message.
And for every parent we can not see, I hope we still take the time to send a message: a message of belief, support, and inspiration.
These messages all need to be heard, in one way or another.
As I went about all the things I needed to get done today (as Mom), I thought about this assignment. I've been thinking about parent-teacher conferences from different vantage points and realize the messages we hope to hear are the same.
Whether I am the mom, a teacher, the principal or a student, the following messages still apply.
I believe in you.
We need each other.
You matter.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8440/7816351058_c0d63f07e2.jpg
I know in our school, we wish we had more time allotted to see all of our parents. Unfortunately, we don't. This is why it is even more important to maintain dialogues with parents all year long and not just at Open House or parent-teacher conference time. For every parent we meet this week and next, I hope we are clear on our message.
And for every parent we can not see, I hope we still take the time to send a message: a message of belief, support, and inspiration.
These messages all need to be heard, in one way or another.

I enjoyed reading your post! "I believe in you. We need each other. You matter." Important message that we should continue to say to our students, teachers and all stakeholders. Thanks for reminding and sharing your thoughts. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHey Keith! So glad to be part of #compelledtribe with you. Your post was a perfect share for me with my staff. I hope you have a great week too!
Delete