So much of what we do requires finding a balance. To different people we are different people. I am a mother, wife, sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, principal, teacher, colleague, and friend. Different roles sometimes require multiple responses. As of this writing, I am on my way to #NYSCATE14 and have just said good bye to my son at the train station. He wasn't all that pleased I was leaving to go to "another" conference (as he put it). He eventually came around and hugged me good bye.
While there is a part of me that feels guilty about giving up part of my weekend (which is usually mostly family time), I know that part of being a connected, collaborative leader requires this. On my own, I am an introvert by nature. People will be surprised to read that. But, part of my job, as a leader, requires me to be an extrovert. Since that does not come easily for me, I have used conferences and connections with amazing colleagues to improve my skills in this area.
How do you stay balanced but moving forward?
While there is a part of me that feels guilty about giving up part of my weekend (which is usually mostly family time), I know that part of being a connected, collaborative leader requires this. On my own, I am an introvert by nature. People will be surprised to read that. But, part of my job, as a leader, requires me to be an extrovert. Since that does not come easily for me, I have used conferences and connections with amazing colleagues to improve my skills in this area.
How do you stay balanced but moving forward?
It is an on-going struggle to keep the balance. Love the blog. Makes me feel like I am not alone in the challenge. Love the graphic, too!
ReplyDeleteENJOY THIS CONFERENCE!! Looking forward to your sharing with our building when you return!!!
Thanks so much for the comment. I've been thinking about this idea of balance a lot lately with everything going on....
Delete